Welcome to Your Church
Location – Fifth Avenue Seniors activity center
170 5th Ave. SE Salmon Arm
Update June 20th 2022
The Spiritualist Church of Salmon Arm and The Ministers are pleased to announce the return of the ‘hands on healing’ on Sunday mornings before the service. Starting June 26th from 10:30 to 10:50 am healers will be available. If you are looking to attend the healing, please register when you arrive.
~ Wishing everyone a warm summer solstice, filled with the abundance of nature we all desire.
For everyone’s attention:
The Seniors Center will be following Government Guidelines, so no vaccine passports after Friday, April 8. Also, as stated before, Masks are no longer mandated.
I include words below straight from the Public Health website; please read to the end. Public health is aware that not everyone has the same comfort level at this time. Although the latest variant of concern is easily transmissible, hand washing and distancing are still preventative measures you can choose to carry on with.
Upcoming changes to restrictions
On April 8, 2022, at 12:01 am, further restrictions will be lifted:
- Proof of vaccination will no longer be required under public health order to access businesses, events and services
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry
- Federal proof of vaccination is still required for federally regulated travel, like air travel
- Businesses will no longer need a COVID-19 safety plan. They must follow communicable disease guidance from WorkSafeBC
- Proof of vaccination will no longer be required for post-secondary student housing
Wearing masks in public indoor settings is not required by public health. Wearing a mask is a personal choice. Masks are encouraged on public transit and BC Ferries, but not required.
Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises. It’s important that we respect the choices of people, businesses and one another.
Our church and congregation are following the requirements of the Senior Center. The Senior Center is following the PHO. You can find the PHO updates by using the following link. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions
Changes that come with the location:
- There will be no coffee time after the service as another group follows us in and we need to clean up and vacate the space. We hope you will take the opportunity to join with other church members to socialize at our local restaurants after the service.
- There will be no service on the 2nd Sunday of each month, as the Seniors Centre has a public pancake breakfast that day. It will be great to join them to meet fellow 5th Avenue members and in doing so, create interest for our community.
- There will be no Tuesday night events as we are reopening in the new location slowly and as safely as possible.
Please contact any of the ministers for inquiries regarding marriage, naming, and memorial services by using the contact tab on this site. email@example.com
Reverend Gloria Makey
Reverend Colleen Rempel
Reverend Ann Meakes